Tuesday, August 2, 2016

HUA SPA : A Chinese-themed luxury spa in the heart of Makati
POST 1 of 3 - NAIL SALON


Work can sometimes (or always) be stressful, and we all know one of the few things that can ease all the pent-up stress and relax our tense bodies- A WELL-DESERVED SPA DAY.
You can correctly guess that I am a big fan of spas; in fact, I schedule home massages twice a month, while frequenting one different spa each month, scouting for the best there is. Last month, I finally found it.

Hua Spa is located at Todesillas St, Salcedo Village, Ayala Makati City, near Salcedo park and market. The moment I stepped inside, I knew I was in for a treat. The interiors were amazing, the staff were professional yet very friendly, and they offered such a wide array of services.


waiting areas



I availed of their gel nail polish mani-pedi, ventosa, whole body coffee scrub and honey body wrap. This is the first part of a 3-part post and in this article I will first share about my nail salon experience.




One of their staff led me to their nail care room, sat me down this huge comfy chair, and asked if I wanted hot tea while waiting. I said yes, of course.





They served me TWG tea (Grand Wedding) placed in Hermes tea sets. Talk about luxury. After that, the nail technician handed me the gel nail plates to choose from. They had a wide array of colors and designs to choose from- about 150 - all premium brand  polish. I ended up choosing pearly white and glittery pink colors.






It was my first time to experience gel nail polish, since wearing nail polish was not allowed in Pharmacy school, as with other medical courses. I've always wanted to try it since I've read that gel nail polish lasts longer than regular nail polish- about 2-3 weeks, and does not chip off.

The first thing I noticed when the technician stated doing my nails was that they used a new set of nail tools for every customer. Aside from that, common items were stashed in their sterilizer. That is a big plus for me since I am very particular with the safety, and cleanliness of the nail tools used. As you know, an infection can spread though fomites like nail pushers and nippers. Yikes. In Hua Spa, I knew I need not to worry about that. The technician was also very careful with handling my nails, asking if the pressure was okay from time to time.



I was already completely satisfied with how my nails turned out, but one of their nail technicians offered if I wanted to attach gems to my nails, like how some brides' have their nails done during their weddings. It was my first time so why not?




The photo above shows my nails 8 days after the polish was applied, and just as promised, not a chip nor a scratch, with all the gels intact. Try it too and see for yourselves! :)
That concludes part 1 of my HUA SPA experience post. Thanks for reading!!

1 comment: